Why work with a medical travel agency??
In essence, the one question asked simple: How do I get the best treatment? With internet sources as it is today, there is absolutely no problem in getting all kinds of information. So, let’s get straight about this, you do not have to work with a medical travel agency or facilitator. You can contact an overseas hospital directly, schedule your appointments, and book all your arrangements on your own. However, unless you have traveled yourself to see if what has been is promised and met the doctors personally, you will know what has been told you. It can be overwhelming to classify and digest all that information, and that the presented information is not simply a misrepresentation of the truth. Word of mouth is powerful, but again, it might be unreliable or rather insufficient. Going through all the information, cross checking the information and references given, desperately looking for someone who’s had the experience and who is also willing to talk to you about is, well, hard, to say the least. To lose money or have an unpleasant holiday can be devastating, but in this case, it might be your health that is under risk.
Although there are some shortcuts in this, you have to take the time and find the answers to some critical questions.
• Who is my doctor? His/her training and experience should leave no doubt
• Does the hospital or clinic offer state of the art medical technology, an experienced staff and fulfill the highest international standards.
• Who organizes the whole process? It might be a medical travel agency, a travel agency or the service provider itself. Not to forget, you are not a standard patient nor a tourist looking for experience, pleasure and excitement, you are the international patient whose medical and travel arrangements are both critical. Such an arrangement requires more than booking consultations, treatments, hotels and basic transportation.
A medical travel agency or facilitator, on the other has inspected the hospitals and met the doctors personally. It also has insight knowledge about the medical system and the pros and cons of choosing a hospital or doctor over another. Most important, it has had many patients and has seen the results first hand. This in itself leaves all guesswork out and minimizes inherent risks.
• You are not one of many, you are unique. You require a personalized plan, devised by a medical doctor and based on a personal evaluation.
• You need a second opinion that is presented with objectivity, knowledge and trust. That person needs to be a medical doctor, different from the one who will actually treat you.
Do not let anyone other than a doctor consult you about medical issues. Look for the signature, make sure the source is reliable.
• You need a reliable and experienced patient coordinator that you can contact whenever you feel the need to. Someone who can get you a medical doctor while you are recuperating in your hotel, arrange a decent after care by a medical professional, who can take you side in the case of any dispute and who is a problem solver, whatever the problem is. The right attitude is what differentiates good service from a bad one.