Before & After Hair Transplant
Hair transplant is a minimal invasive procedure, however, for best results, it is crucial to follow the instructions carefully.
- Please do not Smoke, drink alcohol and caffeinated drinks should be avoided at least three days prior to hair transplant
- Please stop taking multi-vitamins, vitamins B or E, at least one week before the hair transplant such as vitamins could enhance the bleeding.
- Aspirin or anti-inflammatory and herbals medication should be avoided at least one week before the procedure. It is crucial to inform your doctor if you have taken any of these in the week prior to the procedure.
- Please inform your doctor if you are using anti depressor, anticoagulant or beta blocker.
- Your hair will not be washed for three days after the procedure. Please wash your hair with a normal shampoo before coming to the procedure.
- Please wear a light top with zippers at the front that you can take off easily
- Please do not shave your scalp unless your doctor asks you to
- Please come rested, and have breakfast or lunch before the procedure.
- Your doctor will ask you about your past surgeries, chronic illnesses, medication your take. Please do not omit any information however minor it might seem.
After Hair Transplant:
- You will stay at the hospital under the surveillance of a doctor and nurse. You will receive all instructions in detail.
- To decrease swelling, you will be asked to sleep in an elevated position for the first 3 nights.
- You will be asked not to consume any alcohol or take vitamins, aspirin, ibuprofen or arthritis medication for at least days after the procedure.
- You will be asked not to engage in moderate or vigorous physical exercise for at least three weeks after the procedure.
- You will be asked not to wash your hair for two days after the procedure. In the third day, the way you should be washing your hair will be instructed to you.
You will be prescribed some medication:
- Panthenol Altermed Forte Sprey
- Haircare Shampoo
- Swelling may occur 2-4 days after the procedure and is normal. Sleeping in an elevated position will decrease swelling.
- Infections are rare and can be avoided. It is crucial that the operation room where the procedure is sterile. This is one of the reasons why you should choose the hospital or clinic very carefully. For two weeks afterwards you should avoid exposure to dirt and touching the scalp without having washed your hands thoroughly.
- Scabs will form 24-72 hours after the procedure. This is normal and will fall off within 8-10 days. You should refrain from scratching or picking at the scabs. You might also see hair in the scabs that fall off, this is also normal.
- There might be minor bleeding. A very gentle compression might be applied with a clean towel or sheet. The bleeding will stop after approximately 10 minutes.
- There will be HAIR LOSS SHOCK 2-8 weeks after the procedure. There is no reason to fear something is wrong, this is normal and expected.
- The transplanted hair will start to grow between 3-6 months. It might take up to 9 months-1 year to see final results.