Hair loss can be devastating for the sufferer. Although it is not a life threatening condition, the psychological impact. can lead to much unhappiness, low self-esteem and even serious depression. It is estimated that 70% of male and 40% of women are affected at some time in their lives. If you have hair loss and think that it is affecting your life in any way, hair transplant can restore your hair along with your self confidence.
FUE hair transplant is a permanent solution for hair loss. It is safe and painless under local anesthetics.
The main advantages of the FUE hair transplant technique;
No stitches; donor area appears mostly unchanged within weeks
Fast recovery; many patients return to work within a few days
Minimal post-operative recovery time
No need to re-visit the hospital for stitch removal
- Natural-looking and permanent results
- Simple outpatient procedure
- Fast recovery; many patients return to work the next day
- Patients can sport short hair
- Minimal post-operative recovery time
- Microscopic scars in donor area are almost invisible
- No need to visit surgeon again for stitch removal
- Can use body hair for added density with this technique only
- Can cover preexisting scar of strip surgery with FUE
FUE is an exciting advancement that propels the field of hair transplant surgery one step closer to the elite minimally invasive status. The promise of an almost without scars surgery is enticing to both patient and the surgeon. The reasons for selecting FUE rather than a strip harvest may be the avoidance of a linear scar, the desire for a naturally painless post-op period or simply the idea of having a minimally invasive procedure.
Candidacy of Hair Transplant
Although hair transplantation is an elective procedure, the patient should meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for hair transplant.
Criteria to have hair transplant:
- A diagnosis of androgenetic alopecia (common genetic hair loss) or another condition that is amenable to hair transplantation
- Certain degree of hair loss
- A donor area that is sufficiently strong and thick to cover the recipient area
- Realistic expectations
The most typical hair loss patterns:
- Male Pattern Baldness:
- Female pattern baldness:
Hair loss in women does not have as clear a cause as male pattern baldness. Women with hair loss often suffer from diffuse thinning all over the scalp rather than in a distinct pattern. This hair thinning is sometimes temporary and can be caused by a variety of factors tied to the actions of hormones, including: thyroid conditions, pregnancy, and menopause. Where illness or underlying hormonal conditions are not the cause, DHT acting on an overabundance of androgen receptors in hair follicles, appears to be the culprit in thinning and hair loss in women (as it is the case with men). Female hormones are thought to influence the time of onset, severity, and pattern of loss experienced by women.
When considering hair transplant surgery, you should first consult a specialist to rule out causes such as illness and hormonal influences.
Although hair loss is mostly regarded as a male problem, about 40% of those who suffer are women. Hair loss can be even more devastating for women. Although it is not a life threatening condition, the psychological impact can lead to much unhappiness, low self-esteem and even serious depression.
With DHI Direct Hair Implantation hair follicles are implanted one by one directly to the thinning area that needs to be covered. Each hair follicle is placed in a specific direction, angle and depth, thanks to the DHI patented tool, the DHI implanter, providing 100% natural results and maximum viability. The implanted hairs continue to grow throughout a person’s lifetime and do not fall out.DHI is a technique of FUE. The grafts are harvested just like in micro FUE. Then, the grafts are placed
DHI is best when :
The patient needs thickening in the recipient are
The patient does not want to completely shave all the hair
Beard & Moustache Transplant
With the “hipster beard” craze these days, beard & moustache transplant is gaining popularity, which is the permanent solution for a natural looking solution. Beard & moustache requires a lot of experience and qualification. Facial hair transplant is a procedure which restores hair to areas where facial hair growth is thin or missing. It can be done to restore the goatee and mustache, as well as sideburns, the cheek beard, and anywhere that hair is desired, even if hair has never grown in the area before. Facial hair transplants can also be used to conceal acne scars and other types of scars.
The donor hairs most commonly come from the scalp, which typically grow like normal facial hair in their texture and other characteristics, and can be shaved like other facial hair.
The procedure is usually performed under local anesthesia with an oral sedative, but can be done under twilight intravenous sedation if desired, depending on the patient’s choice. Lasting three to as many as eight hours, it is a relatively easy procedure for the patient to undergo, and essentially painless.
PRP (plateley rich plasma) is an effective serum derived from the blood of the patient.
Platelet rich plasma, commonly referred to as "PRP", is human blood that is spun down and separated producing a concentration of platelets above normal values. Platelets are the clotting cells of our blood, but they also have great potential in enhancing healing of muscles and soft tissueCreation of PRP is simple, painless, and conveniently done at an office visit. The entire process of drawing blood to solution preparation only takes approximately 25-30 minutes. A small amount of blood is drawn from the patient, just like a routine blood test. Once the blood is drawn it is then placed into a centrifuge. The centrifuge is a machine that spins the blood at high speeds in order to separate the blood into red blood cells and concentrated platelets. Once the blood is separated the red blood cells are discarded, and we are left with concentrated platelet rich plasma (PRP) which is ready to be used in the treatment process.
Before & After Hair Transplant
Hair transplant is a minimal invasive procedure, however, for best results, it is crucial to follow the instructions carefully.
- Please do not Smoke, drink alcohol and caffeinated drinks should be avoided at least three days prior to hair transplant
- Please stop taking multi-vitamins, vitamins B or E, at least one week before the hair transplant such as vitamins could enhance the bleeding.
- Aspirin or anti-inflammatory and herbals medication should be avoided at least one week before the procedure. It is crucial to inform your doctor if you have taken any of these in the week prior to the procedure.
- Please inform your doctor if you are using anti depressor, anticoagulant or beta blocker.
- Your hair will not be washed for three days after the procedure. Please wash your hair with a normal shampoo before coming to the procedure.
- Please wear a light top with zippers at the front that you can take off easily
- Please do not shave your scalp unless your doctor asks you to
- Please come rested, and have breakfast or lunch before the procedure.
- Your doctor will ask you about your past surgeries, chronic illnesses, medication your take. Please do not omit any information however minor it might seem.
After Hair Transplant:
- You will stay at the hospital under the surveillance of a doctor and nurse. You will receive all instructions in detail.
- To decrease swelling, you will be asked to sleep in an elevated position for the first 3 nights.
- You will be asked not to consume any alcohol or take vitamins, aspirin, ibuprofen or arthritis medication for at least days after the procedure.
- You will be asked not to engage in moderate or vigorous physical exercise for at least three weeks after the procedure.
- You will be asked not to wash your hair for two days after the procedure. In the third day, the way you should be washing your hair will be instructed to you.
You will be prescribed some medication:
- Panthenol Altermed Forte Sprey
- Haircare Shampoo
- Swelling may occur 2-4 days after the procedure and is normal. Sleeping in an elevated position will decrease swelling.
- Infections are rare and can be avoided. It is crucial that the operation room where the procedure is sterile. This is one of the reasons why you should choose the hospital or clinic very carefully. For two weeks afterwards you should avoid exposure to dirt and touching the scalp without having washed your hands thoroughly.
- Scabs will form 24-72 hours after the procedure. This is normal and will fall off within 8-10 days. You should refrain from scratching or picking at the scabs. You might also see hair in the scabs that fall off, this is also normal.
- There might be minor bleeding. A very gentle compression might be applied with a clean towel or sheet. The bleeding will stop after approximately 10 minutes.
- There will be HAIR LOSS SHOCK 2-8 weeks after the procedure. There is no reason to fear something is wrong, this is normal and expected.
- The transplanted hair will start to grow between 3-6 months. It might take up to 9 months-1 year to see final results.